I guess I’m “officially” a “lifestyle” blogger now that I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award, thanks to Sarah of Coffee&Glitter!
You know what these are, right? Sort of like blogging chain letters, except instead of “SEND THIS TO 10 PEOPLE IN THE NEXT THREE DAYS OR YOU’LL HAVE BAD SEX FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE” (or worse, I once got an email chain letter when I was little that literally promised I’d be raped and killed if I didn’t pass it on) you just get to check out some potentially new-to-you bloggers only if you feel like it.
Anyway, thanks Sarah for the nod, and now I get to answer her questions and nominate 11 other bloggers to answer some questions I make up.
1. When did you start blogging and why?
The Ponytail Diaries started last May
. I’d be lying if I didn’t say it’s partly to build up an online presence and some credibility as I build my freelancing business, but the reason this is kinda the furthest you can get from a “professional” business/writing/marketing blog is because I wanted an outlet where I had some more freedom. I call it a “niche-free lifestyle blog” because I don’t fit into traditional lifestyle, fitness/healthy living, writing, or other typical blog genres. And while I’d love to grow this blog and plan to monetize (soon!), I see The Ponytail Diaries more as a place to practice writing and build (non-professional) relationships and community.
2. What is the story behind your blog name?
I’m horrible at names! Titling papers or creative writing pieces in school was always the hardest part. Somehow, randomly, “The Ponytail Diaries” popped into my head — several years ago, really — and I figured I’d never come up with anything better if I tried. I couldn’t believe the domain name was free when I checked it, actually.
3. Dresses, Shorts, or Sweatpants?
If by sweatpants you mean yoga pants, then definitely sweatpants. I’ve come a long way from my tomboy days of never ever ever wearing skirts of dresses unless I was forced to, but I have to stop and think about putting on a dress when I get dressed in the morning. I just automatically put on jeans most of the time.
4. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I’ve totally figured out a loophole to this question — pizza. Because you can take dough, add any kind of sauce, any kind of cheese, and any toppings you want and still call it pizza. Plain cheese, loaded with veggies, pepperoni, deep dish, thin n crispy…AND I’M JUST EATING PIZZA EVERY DAY GOT YA.
5. Other than blogging, what is a hobby you pursue?
Photography, knitting, running, reading, binge-watching Friends on Netflix…
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Inappropriate cell phone use and bad drivers. I have two, sorry. Both of which cover a broad range of behaviors. I’m tricky like that. Oh, and bad grammar. I get super irked when I see typos on, say, menus or official event flyers or brochures.
7. To date, what is the best thing that has happened to you in you life?
8. What is something you hope to accomplish in your life?
Published author. I’ll do whatever I have to in order to be successful as a writer and probably be fully satisfied, but my dream has always been to be a traditionally published author on the Times bestseller list.
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
90s pop? 90s sitcoms like Boy Meets World and Full House (I still have a girl-crush on Aunt Becky)? Except I don’t feel guilty about those in the least.
10. Where is somewhere you want to travel to?
I’d love to visit all of America’s National Parks. And lately I’ve been drawn to Southeast Asia, specifically South Korea, Vietnam, and Cambodia. And Thailand. And France and Ireland and Greece.
11. What is the best blog post that you have written so far?
Now, I’m nominating these awesome bloggers:
1. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
2. Drink of choice after a long day?
3. If you had $10,000 and had to spend it all in one weekend, what would you do?
4. What was your favorite book you had to read in school (or which book did you hate least)?
5. Chris Hemsworth was named Sexiest Man Alive by People – agree or disagree? (If you disagree,
you’re dead to me who would you pick instead?)
6. What’s your favorite thing about your best friend?
7. Oh no, you broke your leg and are stuck on the couch all weekend! What are you watching on Netflix?
8. What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken so far?
9. What was the first concert you went to?
10. If you could see any significant historical event first-hand, what would you choose?
11. What three posts of yours should new readers check out first?